Propaganda Poster: COVID/Election Edition

 

Hi guys! For my propaganda poster, I chose to do one centered around the election and COVID-19. Being that these are two of the most significant talking points in our nation right now, I wanted to tie them together in some way to make for a great poster. I started with a selfie I took in class to begin my drawing. I chose to make the waves in my hair different colors of the American flag to add depth and texture to the piece. I made the buttons on my shirt the same three colors and made my features look as similar to me as possible. After completing myself, I added the things that I think of when I hear election (i.e., the year it's being held, the two parties, and the American flag.) One of the main issues discussed in this new presidency and the supreme court justice nomination is Roe V Wade. I feel that a woman should have the right to her own choices when it comes to her body, and no one will be able to convince me otherwise. I feel that adding that to my poster allows the viewer to feel where I stand politically and my views as a woman regarding my choices. I took a lot of time on this and made sure to add small details such as my favorite necklace and the writing on the mask. I hope you all enjoy and make sure you get out to the polls on November 3rd! 

Comments

  1. Kayla, first of all I really enjoy the theme of your blog. I like how the background is black because it is different than other students. I chose to comment on this post because it stood out to me the most but I also enjoy the message. I think you did a great job with small detail and I think it is cool that you represented both parties in the image instead of just one. I love the way you put "my body my choice" because that is such an important message today. It is a very powerful piece. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts