Calligram

    For my calligram project, I wanted to do something a little different. While I saw many designs that I could do to make the piece look like a drawing I created something that I will be able to look back on five years from now and not only see what I was up to but get a letter from myself. I created the letter K with the pen tool as well as wrote a letter to myself. I felt that this was very personal and allowed me to have a moment to reflect on my life in this present moment. Originally, I was going to do a heart and fill it with the same type of writing but I felt it would be more personal if I but my initial instead. 

    I found that doing this project took a lot of time but in the end, I was satisfied with my work. I found this software to be easier to work through than Dreamweaver so this was a nice break for me while also still learning something new. 

    I hope you all enjoy my artwork and are able to get a glimpse into the future I aspire to have.


A letter to my future self:

    A letter to my future self, I hope that by the time you’re reading this, you’re happy; genuinely happy. I know that we’ve been through a lot and it seems sometimes like the world is tearing you down, but you’re stronger than you think. I’ve made so many amazing friends this year and I’ve been so happy in Tampa. Our apartment is so nice but you already knew that :) I’m writing this letter to you as apart of a digital media project, it’s pretty hard but I’ll get through it, we always do. I wonder what you’re up to right now or if you will even remember this letter existed but I really hope you do. Tonight I’m going over to my friend’s house and making crunch wrap supremes filled with things from chick-fil-a I hope it’s good and if it isn’t I hope you’re laughing reading this. I’m sure by now you’ve graduated and are working which is super cool, I’m proud of you. When I was younger I wrote a letter to you and recently read it it’s crazy to see how much has changed and I’m sure it’ll feel the same the next time you stumble upon this. I hope you’re fighting for what you believe in and never back down on what you know is right, we’ve always been pretty good at that. I’m proud of who I’m becoming now so I can only imagine the amazing things you and I are going to do together. You’ve got the world in your hands I hope you never let that go. I see only great things planned for us in the future I love you and I cannot wait to meet you so soon. Love always, 2020 you.




Comments

Popular Posts