Illustrator Homework 1

    Digital Media has always been something that intrigued me, and I wanted to know more about it. While the coding project took a lot of time and effort to create, I feel that illustrator will be equally as challenging but more exciting personally for me to learn. For our homework assignment, I have pulled together three different videos that have allowed me to understand better how to work the software and guide me onto the right path in terms of success.

    To begin, the video below is a short six-minute tutorial serving as a basic walk-through of the application. Being a complete newbie at this, I learned about all the shortcuts to make my life more comfortable and the most common tools for success. I found it interesting that you can create shapes by just dragging your mouse and move any points of said shape so quickly (so different than Dreamweaver)! Additionally, I liked how, although it was a condensed tutorial and moved quickly, the way he spoke was not confusing to the point where I couldn't follow along on my device as well. (Video 1 Below)


    In the next tutorial I found, the central focus was on creating an actual digital drawing rather than a tool walkthrough. I liked this tutorial because it was easy to follow along and allowed me to get more engaged with the platform I will be working with for our next assignment. I am not the best at hand drawing but have a creative side to me, so I think that doing that digitally can help me grow as an artist. I really appreciated watching this tutorial because it made this platform seem less intimidating. I thought it was really cool the way he changed around such basic shapes into something visually appealing and I know that I will be able to do the same with some practice and dedication. (Video 2 below)
    While the last video I came across is similar to the one above, I got a more in-depth tutorial on the shadow aspect of the drawings, which I plan to implement into my projects. I liked the idea of getting another tutorial on a different shape/drawing and seeing the ways they approach it differently. It was beneficial to know the thought process and watch how they execute their art and gave me inspiration for what I can do differently. Again, this work gave me the opportunity to understand not only the basics but what I can learn from different small details that can really shift the entire project. (Video 3 below)

   All in all, the three tutorials that I have found were beneficial and have allowed me to broaden my knowledge of the Adobe Illustrator software. The first video allowed me to grasp how the app runs, where the other two taught me how to create pictures, shade images, and create shadows. I am excited to begin my journey and conquer another adobe software!

Comments

Popular Posts